How Popular PHP Frameworks differ from Each other?
Written first by Rasmus Lerdorf in 1994, PHP is a popular general-purpose scripting language. PHP finds its use in creating both dynamic and static websites, and also web-applications. Most web servers, operating systems, and platforms support PHP applications.
Though a complete web development language in itself, various frameworks for PHP are around the web. The frameworks streamline the development of web applications.
Advantages of using PHP Frameworks
- Offers prebuilt code modules that can be re-used
- The stability provided by frameworks helps in avoiding risks in the application.
- Various frameworks to choose from are available for different purposes.
- Saves time and efforts, thus increasing productivity while cutting down costs.
- Cuts down the learning curve for freshers
- Reduces or eliminates terrible coding.
- Helps optimize delivery time when working with tight deadlines
- With the growing popularity of frameworks, clients can easily Hire developers from India or from across the world based on the project requirements.
Comparison of various PHP frameworks
Not every framework will serve your purpose. Different frameworks were built to simplify the coding process for different industry verticals. Here is a sneak peek of various PHP frameworks growing in popularity.
Laravel is undoubtedly the most popular of the PHP frameworks. Its ability to handle complex web applications, along with added security features, adds to its popularity. As a well-documented framework, Laravel features Homestead, which assists in hassle-free development.
- Robust encryption packages
- Overloading capabilities
- Dynamic methods
and other out-of-the-box functionalities make Laravel popular choice among programmers, making it feasible to Hire Laravel developers
One of the oldest PHP frameworks has extensive libraries and components available for re-use. Symfony is a perfect choice for large scale enterprise application development. Additionally, this is the only platform that follows PHP and web standards to the dot.
With SEO friendly routing systems, translating interfaces, localizing website options, and other added features, Symfony is an optimal solution for a seasoned PHP programmer.
CodeIgniter is a beginner developer-friendly PHP framework. Hire expert CodeIgniter developer to realize the best feature offered by the framework. It provides –
- SEO friendly features
- additional add-ons
- cross-site scripting filters
- simple and easy to understand documentation, to ease the pressure on developers.
The open source framework helps PHP application developers create an essential structure for web applications. A fully object-oriented programming language is popular among experienced PHP developers. The features that set this framework apart are –
- high-quality reusable components, and modules
- unit testing features
- enables faster and easier developments with features like inheritance and interfacing.
People looking to build a high speed, a performance-oriented application should hire PHP programmers with vast experience to handle the intricacies.
CakePHP framework is known for its reliability, security, and speed. The framework derives excellent support from the developer’s community to keep abreast of the latest technology.
It is ideally suited for developing commercial web applications.
- Form validation
- SQL injection prevention
- Good documentation
- Cross-site request forgery (CSRF) protection
- Cross-site scripting (XSS) prevention
are the most reliable features of CakePHP, making it a great framework to be used for rapid application development.
Yii 2 Framework
Pronounced as Yee, Yii 2 is one of the popular PHP frameworks. The highly customizable solution is integrated with codeception – an inbuilt testing tool. It also features a security component that assists you in building a robust and secure application. As add-on features, the framework not only bundles up with secure installation options but also has most of the advanced PHP technologies embedded into its core.
The framework paves the way for easy and quicker development of PHP applications.
Whatever be the application, in case of doubts, either choose a PHP development company with reputation or Hire PHP developers with ample experience to make sure your application satisfies the needs of the organization while catering to your clients at once.